It's no secret that Ruthie Jane is a bit of a handful. She can be as sweet as can be, don't get me wrong. But, from birth she has had such a strong will. She has used her "my way or the highway" personality to the fullest. She's a fantastic toddler full of joy and imagination. I love her incredibly thoughtful heart and her sweet way of expressing affection. She's at such a fun age and when we go out I don't have to take the whole house anymore. This is a great stage except...
Yep, I said it.
Except.
Except she has learned the fine art of talking back.
My jaw drops whenever she comes up with such clever words or phrases trying to put me in my place at two years old. I've always heard of the "Terrible Twos" but dismissed the mention of it when my sweet baby-wabby turned two. I first referred to it as the "Terrific Twos" because things just seemed so much easier. She just seemed so grown up in so many areas. Then her vocabulary took a whole new level and she became too quick witted for her own good. I realize how dangerous this is taking into consideration the bad wrap the Preacher's Kid usually gets.
She doesn't want to clean her room? Of course, her tummy hurts.
She's upset because Mommy said NO? Ah, she verbalizes that she is going to throw up.
She wants to watch TV instead of eat? Yes, yes she's SO FULL.
I know that every stage of child rearing has it's challenges and I will be the first to let you know...I've met mine! And, trust me I lay it feet of the Lord every day. I just want to be a mother who invests myself into this little life so that one day she will be a woman full of godly character. I bathe her little life in prayer each day along with the decisions that she will be making in the future. I pray for her future husband, that he too is being prepared at this very moment to grow into a man who desires to serve the Lord. I lift up both her and her husband in that one day they would each accept the Lord as their personal Savior.
I love my little one.
But, there are days when I think I could pull every strand of my hair out.
Dad.
4 years ago

Oh Amber, I sooooo needed this this morning. Olivia is on the brink of turning 2 and she has been very hard this week. Taking into consideration that our house is in shambles (due to remodeling) and we have been back and forth sleeping at my in-laws. She too is turning into a strong willed child and when I feel like I have failed, I fall on my knees in prayer! Honestly, I have done that ALOT this week:) Thank you for the encouraging words through your blog. :) I can get through today now!!
ReplyDeleteSHE IS PRECIOUS!! Oh...it just seems like yesterday I was putting piggy tales in my girls hair. I remember those days & their challenges...mercy!
ReplyDeleteThanks for being real about being a mommy...we all need to know there are others out there that want to pull each strand of hair out of theirs too!! LOL