Monday, October 18, 2010

Nail Polish

The Preacher Man has a dry erase board in his office at the church. Ruthie Jane LOVES to be a pretend Picaso and draw her heart out on it. One day she was throwing a fit because she didn't want to go home, but stay there with her daddy. This is always a fun task since we do only live approximately 31 steps away from his office door.

In order to ease the pain I agreed to let her take the dry erase board home with the strict understanding that she could not draw on ANYTHING except the board,  she agreed and we went on our way. She drew mountains, smily faces, and whatever her heart desired. Most of what was drawn needed an interpreter, but it was a preiceless "painting" nonetheless.

As I looked up from folding laundry I saw a look of "I'm caught!"
I calmly asked Ruthie-girl, "What are you doing?"
She immediatley began crying.
Big tears rolled down her face.


025

Then I saw her art work.
This time is was displayed on her hands.

She said she was painting her fingernails. And, actually before the picture was taken her nails were completely covered. But, she was doing her best to wipe it off and being a dry erase marker it came off her nails quite easily.


024

My little girly girl.
She's one in a  million.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweet girly girl at heart! Can she come over for a playdate with my girly girl? They would just love each other! :)

    ReplyDelete