A poem to share a recent Parsonage Life moment.
Please enjoy.
Window Wonders
By: This Preacher's Wife
A window here.
A window there.
I was not expecting a daytime scare.
Enjoying my time .
A toddler napping, a quiet hour.
Keeping noise to a minimum, all that was within my power.
Phone ringer turned off.
Dryer buzzer too.
I was prepared to relax sitting on my booty-boo.
I took my place beside the window I sat.
All I could hear was the keyboard.
Tap, tap, tap...
Until I notice out of the corner of my eye
Little hands on the window,
Very nearby.
A little boy of ethinic race
Peered into my window
And, looked right at my face.
Once I saw him,
And, he saw me.
My heart skipped a beat,
from my chest it did flee.
I don't know what he was looking for,
Or why he was there.
I do know that he gave me a great big scare.
I stayed inside,
Fearing baby would wake.
I decided in parsonage life, this event takes the cake.
So, please tell your children and grandchildren too
The Preacher Man's family is only human like you.
The Preacher Man's family is only human like you.
Their hacienda is open for all who wish
But don't peer through their window
Like the bowl of a fish.
But don't peer through their window
Like the bowl of a fish.


Very cute!
ReplyDeleteFeeer-eeeeak-yyyy!!! But super cutesy poem! :)
ReplyDelete