A Sunday morning around the Preacher man hacienda may or may not be crazy. It's all about planning. I was recently asked what things I do for prepration of Sunday mornings. So, I thought I would share what a typical morning looks like on the Sabbath.
7:00 am - Up & at'em. First thing on the list is getting the Sunday meal in the oven.
7:30 am - Make-up. I try to get this finished before the little one wakes up to avoid a slumber party style make-up session.
7:45 am - Time to think about breakfast.
*Somewhere in the mix the Preacher Man & Stinker Britches get up. It's different every week, but they are usually up by this time.*
8:00 am - Breakfast is well underway. The Preacher Man doesn't do big breakfasts on Sundays. So, it's something simple like a bowl of cereal, toast, or a smoothie. He doesn't have a whole lot of time between going to the church and turning on all the lights and air conditioners. He also has a set aside time of prayer for the morning services before he gets dressed and ready.
8:15 am - Time to get the hair-do on. This is normally a pretty simple task. Just a bit of blow-drying to remove all the bed head and maybe a flat iron...
8:30 am - It's time to get dressed! Usually I have everyones outfit laid out the night before, so it simplifies this part of the morning. But, there is always an occasional switcharoo in the wardrobe. The Preacher Man is always dressed and at the church way earlier than we are.
8:45 am - The wrestling match begins. It start with the washing of Ruthie Jane's face, moves to the combing of hair, and then ends with her being fully dressed and ready to go!
9:00 am - I begin getting everything ready to go to church. The church-bag is updated with new colors, books, and other goodies to keep RJ busy while her daddy preaches. Our bibles and other essential morning worship tools are bagged. And, last minute lunch preprations are made as things go in the oven to keep warm while at church.
9:15 am - We are out the door!
Honestly, most mornings run fairly smooth. A few snags here or there, but most of the time it's smooth sailing! Prior to Sunday morning I make sure the Preacher Man's suits are dry cleaned and ready and he is well groomed. But, the most important thing I can do for the Preacher Man is pray. And, this doesn't just take place on Sunday morning. All throughout the week as he diligently studies God's Word and is guided through the Scriptures I pray. I pray for wisdom, discernment, understanding, love, and the deliverance. I pray for the church. I pray for each person who steps foot into a Sunday School classroom or the Sanctuary that they would be open and receptive to God's Word. I pray that as the Preacher Man preaches that no word would come from his mouth that isn't truth and in alignment with God's Word. I pray for myself, that I too would be changed.
Boy, can I relate to a line-up of activity on Sunday morning! We've been so blessed to have Cody's parents close. When the kiddos were little, we'd take them to church in their pj's. While we practiced the music, they would feed and change them!
ReplyDeleteI'm a little jealous of your closeness to the church! We have a 20 minute drive, but it's a good time to prepare our whole family!
Thanks so much Amber for sharing about the Preacher Family's Sunday morning routine. And you are so right, the most important thing to do for our husbands is to pray for them.
ReplyDeleteAmber, I really enjoyed this post, especially the part about you praying. I am convicted to pray for my husband more.
ReplyDelete