I was pretty indecisive on the evening of Thanksgiving whether or not I would brave the crowd. I had never been Black Friday shopping and didn't really know what to expect. I didn't completely understand the system, and I would have to go all by myself.
Nervous? Yes.
Excited? Sorta.
Willing? You Betcha.
So, at 11:40pm I got into a chilly vehicle and headed to Wal-mart. I had already decided that if I couldn't find a parking space, then I would just go home. I pulled in and found myself a nice spot, parked, too a deep breath and headed inside.
It was kinda like a race to get inside. As soon as I got out of my car it was like hopping on the motor speedway, other shoppers were walking as swiftly as they could to maneuver around me...or so it seemed.
I was greeted with many other serious BF type shoppers. The man at the door gave me a map and I began looking for the item I was after:

I mossied myself through the crowds and stood in line for my camera. The secret word was given to "START SHOPPING" and things began to fly. I quietly reached in got my item and went merrily on my way. I thought to myself, can it really be this easy?
There was a slight dissappointment. The only digital cameras on sale were blue. They weren't selling the pink ones for the bargain price. So, I carried my VTech around the store weaving in and out of the crowd for another 15 minutes trying to decide if it was worth the wrong color.
After making my decision I put the blue camera back on the shelf and watched the maddess around me. I saw people with shopping buggies full of all kinds of Christmas gift items. They were loaded down with crock pots, Wii games, toys, and bath towel. Most shoppers were polite, but there were a few crazies in the crowd willing to push and shove for whatever they wanted.
I will have to admit, it was sorta fun.
I would be willing to go again.
I just need a Black Friday buddy.

A black friday shopping buddy is a necessity! One person maneuvers the cart, the other weaves in & out to get the desired items. So good!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...you, Preacher Man, and sweetie girl are welcome to head to Iowa next year for Black Friday! I'll buddy up with you! Our mall actually opens at midnight, too. It's super fun! Unfortunately, this year, we were sooo exhausted we were part of the crowd that shut the mall down instead of opening it up. Still a fun day of shopping excitement!
ReplyDelete