Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tea Party

Ruthie Jane received a china tea set last year for Christmas. I am ashamed to say that we have not put it to use until tonight. Since it was breakable I held off a while for her to get  her lil' hands on it. But, tonight was the perfect night.

You see, tonight was a rough night for lil' Miss Ruthie Jane. I've mentioned before her incredibly easy gag reflex. She can throw up faster than any kid I know. She's upset? She throws up. She has a minor cold? She coughs too much, and throws up. It's just inevitable. She's been our little throw up queen since she was about a year old. And, tonight was a throw up night.

Tonight was church night. My little stay-at-home girl looks forward to church night. She squeals in delight to see her friends and gallops throughout the gym playing with each of them. She insists that we get ready early to go to church. She just can't wait.

She's had a bit of a stuffy nose lately but it didn't stop her from running wildly with the other children. As we circled up to pray before heading of to our classes she began coughing. And before I knew it there was a mess on the floor. We went to the bathroom and the vomitting proceeded. I was almost positive that my little one wasn't sick, other than a minor cold. But, in consideration of the other parents who may not quite understand the easily triggered gag mechanism my child stores, I made the decision to take her home. If another child was throwing up, I would want that parent to do the same.

Ruthie Jane had an absolute breakdown.
She was so upset.
She did NOT want to miss church.

She cried all the way out the door, "Momma they're having class WITHOUT me!"
There was nothing I could do to calm her.
Until a lightbulb came on and I got into the top of her closet and pulled down that tea set.














We had a splendid first tea party.
There was tea (Apple Juice).
Crackers (Wheat Thins)














Music (Frank Sinatra & Ella Fitzgerald)
And even a special guest (Miss Baby Doll)



Ruthie Jane forgot about her sorrows. She kept saying, "Where did you get this tea? It's delicious!" We can defitnately chalk this up as one of the sweetest moments in history.

Our first Tea Party.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a mother of a three year old (albeit a boy) and these are the type of moments that you never forget. So sweet and so special.

    ReplyDelete