Sunday, December 5, 2010

Deal or No Deal

I have recently come accross some amazing deals that I thought I would share. I ventured out to Old Navy looking specifically for macthing Christmas pajamas for Miss Ruthie Jane and her BFF/Cousin. As I approached the cash resgister to make my purchase I overheard the sales associates reducing prices. They set a huge group of water bottles out and I listened closely to their new price.


They were orginally $5.
I would have never purchased one for $5, because they aren't a necessity. But, when the cashier began putting multiple bottles back for her own kids she shared with me that they were marking them down to $0.17.
Seventeen cents, I asked?
Hmmm....Why?
What's wrong with them.
I'm the type of shopper that when something is marked down that drastically I ask a great big WHY?


She explained that there was nothing wrong with them. They just had an overstock of them and wanted to get rid of them. They had already been marked down to $2.97 and now they were marking them down ever further.

Again, seventeen cents?
Weird price.
Put I bought two of them.
They will be given away as gifts in some way or another.


The same day I went to Wal-mart. Our Wal-mart sells milk for well over $3, almost $4 a gallon. So, my mouth dropped open whenever I went to the milk case to see a price tag of $0.99.  Again, I thought, "Must be outdated." Checked the date and all was good. Then I picked up a couple of gallons and  prepared myself to pay a different price at the register, because you just don't sell milk for under a dollar.


And, again.
I good deal.
They were indeed $0.99.
Now, it is the Great Value brand and we are accustomed to Braum's milk. In fact that's all we buy. But since we were out of milk and at Wal-mart I went ahead and purchased it there. Especially since it was under a dollar!


Small savings add up!

No comments:

Post a Comment