Now on to the Questions...

Q: What was the pan prepared with?
A: Cooking Spray. We've been working on seasoning the pan, but we added some cooking spray to it before adding the pizza dough.
Q: What is the recipe?
A: I use Pioneer Woman's Pizza Crust Recipe.
1 t. dry active yeast
4c. all purpose flour
1 t. kosher salt
1/3 extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Put 1 1/2 c. warm water in bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water.
In mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
While mixing, drizzle the olive oil until just incorporated.
In the seperate bowl gently stir the yeast/water mixture. Then drizzle it into the flour/oil mixture.
Mix until dough forms a ball.
Drizzle a little olive oil into clean bowl. Toss the ball of dough and turn over in the oil to coat.
Cover the bowl with a moist kitchen towl and set in a warm placee for 1 to 2 hours, or cover iwth plastic wrap and store in the ice box for up to 2 days.
To prepare pizza, preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
With your hands stretch the dough into desired shape and bake!

Q: Did you start cooking the dough first?
A: I did not. But, when I do it again...I will! Because this pizza was deep dish it took a while for the dough to bake. The top began to get pretty brown. Next time. I will bake the dough for about 10 minutes, then add the topping and bake a little while longer. Our pizza was loaded to the max with toppings. I think it took around 30 minutes to bake.
It was truly delicious.
It makes me cringe to think of the price I pay for Pizza Hut to make me a pizza, that isn't nearly as good! Nor is it the quality ingredients that we were able to hand pick! We will definately be doing this supper again!

Yay, so glad you posted the recipe! I will try this soon:)
ReplyDeleteYES! We LOVE pizza...don't make it from scratch very often though --- definitely will try the recipe! Thanks for sharing :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this. I will definitely try it soon. Can I ask what kind or brand of pizza sause did you use?
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Lisa
Thank you! We're going to try this super soon!
ReplyDeleteI have never thought of using my cast iron skillet for pizza, but this looks SO yummy! I just might try it:)
ReplyDeleteI really need to cast iron pan!
ReplyDelete