Friday, January 21, 2011

Pizza: Parsonage Style

When I returned home from the Ladies retreat I was extremely excited that I was going to be able to join in on the Pizza making fun. You see, the Preacher Man ended up being invited out to eat Friday night while I was away. So, the pizza making was postponed. I was excited to join in on the fun!!

008

010

We decided to do a deep dish pizza in the cast iron skillet. The Preacher Man formed the crust and Ruthie Jane and I piled it high with toppings.
007

We loaded it down with canadian bacon, pineapple, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions (on my side), and lots of cheese! It was absolutely beautiful!
013
It baked wonderfully! It was such a fantastic treat!

019

Of course, what's pizza without wings, spicy ranch for dipping, and an iced cold Pepsi?
020

 Yep, we had those too.
It was a wonderful evening.
There's nothing like cooking supper as a family!!

6 comments:

  1. You can bake pizza in a cast iron skillet????!?!?!?! Wow, you just rocked our semi weekly meal routine! How did you prep the pan? Did you use butter or spray? And did you start the dough cooking first?

    That looks like one tasty pizza, and it looks like Pizza Hut made dinner for you! If you are ever in Columbia, MO, you'll have to come to MY house for dinner! And visit my church~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Mrs. haid, you need to share details about the crust & a recipe!
    Looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous21/1/11

    I would love to know what kind of crust this was, and the recipe also. Been looking for a pizza to make at home.
    Thanks for sharing, looks like a great tasting pizza.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pizza looks so good!!! I have the skillet...need a tutorial now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous23/1/11

    mmmmm. I have never been good at making homemade pizza. Yours looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delightful!! Yummo!

    ReplyDelete