Thursday, February 24, 2011

Eighty-Two Cents

Remember, I'm the gal who stashed the sprinkles in her purse to save two-quarters while getting ice cream at the Braum's Drive-Thru...

Well, I also realized this week...

I'm the gal who brings an empty big-girl cup complete with lid and straw to town with her.



Goes to Sonic.
Orders a Lemon-berry slush during Happy Hour.
And, avoids the cost of buying an extra drink for her two-year old by sharing her half-priced drink instead.

Yep, a fun treat for us.
Eighty-Two Cents.

P.S. I didn't forget to post a picture of my "new-do."
       But, you'll have to wait until Monday. :)
      Suspense...
      That's how I roll.
      

4 comments:

  1. I love that idea. I would totally do that too. Growing up my mom always stressed that the drinks of a meal are what really upped the price. I still to this day I have a hard time ordering a drink but $.41 each is a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would laugh at you, but when we go to the movies (which is rarely), I stash treats and water in my purse. My mom used to put cans of soda in her purse. Pathetic but true. I would do the same thing at sonic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous25/2/11

    I think more of us do this than anyone really knows. We have a favorite pizza place in town. Its a drive in type where you eat in the car. Like Sonic.. lol
    Well I take a plastic bag with plates, plastic forks and knifes and can sodas to save money. Hey, we got to cut cost somewhere. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no shame in stuffing your purse with handy items...until you go to Costco and put an empty container in your purse to take the samples home with you. (That's be my mom...I can't believe I just shared that tidbit with anyone)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete