Nope, this one isn't mine.
But, it would rock if it was!
But, it would rock if it was!

This all came about because of President's Day. Federal holidays that fall on a Mondays always get me. I always do my errands on Mondays. I was geared up for a normal Monday this week, then it hit me. It's Presidents Day. The bank isn't open and the grocery envelope is empty. I've gotta get creative and plan three meals and do my shopping tomorrow.
I went into it with that mindset and came out realizing that I could go all week without buying groceries! So, I sat down and came up with a menu that involves things that are already at my disposal. I will admit, will be buying milk, eggs, and lunch foods. But, that is minimal to what I usually buy.
Dinner Options:
#1 Porkchops
Potato Cakes (made with leftover mashed potatoes & corn)
Peas
#2 Combination Fried Rice (Shrimp & Pork)
Egg Drop Soup
#3 Salmon Patties
Mac'N'Chz
Green Beans
#4 BBQ Turkey Kielbasa
Ranch Style Potatoes
Corn
#5 Grilled Chicken Quarters
Mac'N'Tomatoes
Vegetable Medely
#6 Cranberry Beans
Fried Potatoes
Cornbread
This is a challenging week. It's hard trying to use ingredients in the pantry/freezer that may not be what you're in the mood to eat. There is no going to the store on a whim this week, just so we can have tacos. I only planned six meals so that it would be a reward night one evening and we could go out to dinner!
Happy Pantry Purge Week!

What a great way to utilize resources that might have otherwise slipped through the cracks. I love reading your blogs.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great menu! Those meals look amazing. Well done! I would also love that pantry. Mine is more Tupperware and tins!
ReplyDeleteHow ridiculous is it that I looked for the "like" button at the end of your post? I've gotta take a break from the Facebook world!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Amber! I need to get creative with the items hanging around in my pantry!
Kari
I am doing this with our fridge this week but my meal plans have not sounded as good as yours do. We have had dinners consisting of random fruits and vegetables that are about to go bad.
ReplyDeleteI need to do this too! You have inspired me.
ReplyDeleteI've never been a menu planner, but your menu looks delicious! I always enjoy a good pantry purge! It's nice to have the extra $ and to know I won't be wasting food by letting it go bad. Good job!
ReplyDelete