It's rather delightful.
Every week we get bombarded with multiple credit card offers in the mail. The last few weeks we've been setting them aside to see physically JUST how many came.

After the pile grew bigger and bigger I finally opened them all to see the "No postage necessary" envelope inside. I shredded everything except for this lovely envelope. Our church has been walking through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. We're working as a family to be completely debt free and ignore any credit card offer that comes our way.
Receiving a multitude of junk mail is just...
Well, annoying!

So, I printed off multiple "Bite Back" letters provided by the Dave Ramsey program and started stuffing those free postage envelopes. It's was so much fun! I know our mail lady is going to think we have some sort of addiction to credit card offers, seeing so many go out in the mail. Little does she know, what the envelopes really contain!
So, there you go.
My newest hobby.
The exciting part?
After mailing all of those off, I checked the mail and received two more!
More fun for me!

What a great idea! I might have to try this. My husband and I are both still in our 20s and I feel like they target us more. We get something daily.
ReplyDeleteWhile I think it is great to be debt free, I honestly don't see a problem with credit cards as long as you pay them off monthly (which we do). I use them because we get cash back and rewards. They are very useful because as part of our livelihood we buy and renovate houses. Yes we borrow money for this (not from credit card companies), but we always end up making money doing this. The cash rewards often pay for materials for our houses. I think it has more to do with being wise with your money, as opposed to never having a credit card. I do know people that don't have them because they repeatedly ran up large bills.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Ever since we have taken out a loan for our house, we get credit card offers everyday. So sick of it.
ReplyDelete