Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Works for Me

This mess has been a recent project.
Plastic bags.
You never know when you might need one, so we keep them around.
But, how do you organize these crazy things?

I used to stuff them all inside one sack and keep them under the counter.
They moved from there to hanging from a door knob.
And, then I got this idea from a magazine.

Your box of Kleenex's empty?
Re-use it!
It's amazing how many plastic bags you can stuff inside an empty Kleenex box. This is working very well for me. The box now sits comfortably atop my dryer in the bin that also holds my detergent/dryer sheets.
Love it.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! We should keep only as many as fit in one kleenex box around here. We have SOOOOOOOOOOOO many. My 18yo daughter {aka the recycling police} is supposed to be the one to take the excess to WalMart to be recycled but she never seems to get around to it. I'll have to save {rather than recycle} my next empty box to try it out :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought one of those baggy things, haha, to hold mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea! I'm a freak with plastic bags. I can't seem to part with them, and yet I can't use them all either! Mine get stuffed behind the trash can under my sink - so when I take it out to empty it, they all come tumbling out. It's a disaster. Hubby thinks it's ridiculous. (It is.) And those are just the regular sized ones! All of the big oversized ones go in a different oversized bag in my closet. It's a terribly inconvenient system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I keep thinking I'll eventually sew one of those holders for them, but who am I kidding? ha! This is much more practical~and gives me an excuse to buy one of the *pretty* tissue boxes instead of the generic kind since I'll be keeping it around:)

    ReplyDelete