Sunday, May 24, 2009

Dreadful





I sit here thinking of a million things that I should be doing instead of exercising my fingers on this keyboard. Oh wait, make that one million and one.
I should be unpacking.
The worst part of going somewhere is unpacking.

I wish I would pack just enough clothes to wear that I could come home with an empty suitcase.
I wish my tolietries were all in single-use packets.
I just wish I didn't have to unpack.
Since we moved away it seems like I have had to unpack a lot lately. The biggest job was unpacking the house after the move. But now as we go back some weekends to visit family, unpacking is always dreadful.

This weekend we ventured home to watch our dear neice graduate high school. And, although we are only a family of three, it seems it takes so much stuff just for the weekend! I must blame Miss Ruthie Jane for a large sum of that. Who would have thought that one little person could need so many things. Ok, maybe not NEED, but there is always a possibility.

So, this leaves me to do a task I am beginning to dread. Sometimes our suitcases sit in the spare bedroom for days before they are touched. And, other times I dump all of the contents on the bed and unpack right away.

How ever i do it. I still don't like it.
Someone come help me.

1 comment:

  1. I would help..but...I hate unpacking just as much as you do! Bob is the type that unpacks immediately after we return home...ugh..haha.

    I love your blog!! It was great to see you guys,too..and Ruthie Jane is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete