Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Super Duper Salad

------This is so not on my diet. But it is SO good, I thought I would share. Enjoy!!-----



A few months ago I was taken to a resturant by a dear friend. Before we went she told me that they had the best spinach and strawberry salad. I wasn't too sure of the combination of the two on the same plate but I decided I was up for anything. My friend, Carole, ordered and then I just said, "I'll have the same, please." I didn't know exactley what I was getting myself into...but I trusted her judgement.

When the food arrived and I took my first bite of the salad she had raved about, I about fell over. It was the BEST salad. Seriously. I just couldn't get enough of it. The bowl wasn't big enough and it wasn't "All you can eat." So I left wanting more. That evening, I of course raved about this super duper salad to my BFF on the other side of the state. She exclaimed that she had a salad that sounded EXACTLY like the one I was describing. She shot me the recipe via e-mail and I mixed it up and much to my surprise it tastes exactly like the salad from Kathleen's Kitchen. Since then I have made this salad almost weekly. It tickles my tastebuds and I can't get enough.

I thought I would pass it on to each of you. Believe me you will never go back to ranch dressing again. It is to die for.


Recipe:
Spinach
1 pt. Strawberries
1/4 slivered almonds



Dressing:
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Olive Oil
1/4 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
1T. Poppyseeds
1/4 t. Paprika



Mix the ingredients together for the dressing. Pour on top of Spinach and sliced strawberries. Toss and top with slivered almonds.



Try it. No doubt you'll love it.
I did leave out a few ingredients from the original recipe. But, it tastes like perfection to me.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yep. Definitely gonna try this one!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete