Love is Honorable.
That is the title for my Love Dare today. I've fallen a little behind on the daily dares. Nevertheless, I'll continue until completion! I've learned SO much with this study. And, it's made me rethink a lot of areas of marriage. When I say "rethink", I mean reconsider. Some things that were once a high priority have just gotten lost in the shuffle, and it has brought them back to the top. It really has been great.
When I hear the word "honor", my first thought is always: Honor thy father and mother. I don't always equate the word honor with my marriage. But, I was able to regain focus on making honor a part of my relationship with my spouse. "Honoring your mate means giving him or her your full attention, not talking to them from behind a newspaper or with one eye on the television. They matter-and because of the way you treat them, they should know it."
Another word given in this Love Dare, was holy. A word that is for sure not a common word when speaking of marriage. "To say your mate should be "holy" to you doesn't mean that he or she is perfect. Holiness means they are set apart for a higher purpose-no longer common or everyday but special and unique. A person who has become holy to you has a place no one can rival in your heart. He or she is sacred to you, a person to be honored, praised, and defended."
Such wonderful truth.
Holy Matrimony. Holy Marriage.
Set apart. My Preacher Man is the only person in the whole world who will enjoy such a level of commitment and endearment from me. I don't know about you, but that makes my heart flutter.
I think we so often take our spouses for granted. We get so used to them being around. I don't ever want to lose sight of Holy Matrimony and what it means. I am so blessed to have a husband who is God-fearing, obedient, servant-minded, and loves me with all of his heart. I NEVER want to take him for granted! And, I pray that you don't want to take your spouse for granted either. What a sweet union. What a Holy Matrimony.
Today's Dare:
CHOOSE A WAY TO SHOW HONOR AND RESPECT TO YOU SPOUSE THAT IS ABOVE YOUR NORMAL ROUTINE. IT MAY HOLDING THE DOOR HER. IT MIGHT BE PUTTING HIS CLOTHES AWAY FOR HIM. IT MAY BE THE WAY YOU LISTEN AND PEAK IN YOUR COMMUNICATION. SHOW YOUR MATE THAT HE OR SHE IS HIGHLY ESTEEMED IN YOUR EYES.
Dad.
4 years ago

I love that book! Cody and I have done it, and your right, it really makes you look at your marriage in a different light! It's awesome.
ReplyDeleteAmber, I so needed to read this! Thank you for posting it! Poor Bob, I'm very guilty of the "talking(or "listening")-with-one-eye-on-the-tv-type-thing" =(
ReplyDeleteWhat is the name of this study book you speak of? I would love for me and Levi to do something like this together. You are right how we can often take it for granted, when we should be grateful for each other every day.
ReplyDelete