It's time. American Idol is back in action. I can't miss an episode. I love it so. My DVR is set for the season. I enjoy watching Simon bring reality to the show. I know, some of it must be for drama to keep viewers watching...Sometimes I think it should be called, "So you think you can sing..." As we were able to see there are many out there that just can't sing and they seem to be the most dramatic and frustrated, that their dreams are "crushed."
The only thing I have ever done in front of judges is try out for the cheerleading squad. I know how intimidating it is to know that people are watching your every move, just so they can critique it. So, I can't imagine being a contestant of American Idol. I can't imagine how I would respond to Simons harsh words. That folks is why I do not make the journey to attempt to be the next American Idol.
However I did have connections with a former Idol. I say "connections" very lightly. But, Miss Carrie Underwood and I had a college Pyschology class together at a local University my sophomore year. I have to admit I never sat on the same side of the room as she did, but I do remember her. She was the sorority girl with the fraternity guys, and well I wasn't. She has definatly hit Superstar status now though!
Each season is often like the rest to begin with, but then I pick a favorite and cheer them on until the end. So, I will keep watching waiting for my perfect contestant. I can't wait to see the next American Idol.
Dad.
4 years ago


I am very excited for American Idol to start to. The last few season's I haven't missed one episode either. I love it!
ReplyDeleteThis is the first year I don't plan to watch. It just doesn't seem to be calling my name and I don't know why. Enjoy it, though.
ReplyDeleteLOVE AI. Remember that time you told me Kara reminded you of me? I still don't understand that one. HA! (Its Whitney signed into moms account)
ReplyDeleteHubby and I do the same as you. AI is refreshing to watch considering there's not much to see nowadays!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog (I think I've told you this before!)
-Jen
I usually don't miss an episode of Idol, but haven't watched this week AT ALL! I am SO sad Simon is leaving...it just won't be the same :-(
ReplyDeleteYayy!! Love the show too!
ReplyDeleteI never thought I would say this, but I'm sad that this is Simon's last season! He pretty much makes the show! (as mean and rude as he is)
OH i just don't know if i can bring myself to watching the auditions... why do these families lie to some of these singers and tell them they can sing.... oh and i miss Paula being there... not the same @ all!
ReplyDelete