Friday, February 5, 2010

My Husband Rocks Friday

As I was away from my husband for eight days last week our only source of communication was the telephone. As I sat there each night chatting with him about my day I had a sweet reminder of where our relationship began.

I met the Preacher Man at church camp. He was a few years older than I was and super fun to be around. After that week of camp I didn't see him for almost two years. The summer after I graduated high school I met up with him again at camp, this time he was a youth minister and it was my last summer to be a camper. We hit it off that summer and the Preacher Man paid special attention to me that week, and I noticed. We saw each other a few times after camp because a friend of his was interested in dating me, but let's just say the interest wasn't mutual.

In the fall I headed off to begin my freshman year of college. I don't exactley know how the contact was made but the Preacher Man, living over two hours away from the college I was attending, began calling my dorm room. We would talk for HOURS. I learned anything and everything about him through that telephone. We shared funny stories, likes, dislikes, and just our everday life. He called every night without fail. And, I will have to admit I looked forward to that phone call.

Two years passed and we grew to be the best of friends. At this point our relationship had not gone to any level besides friendship. We never talked about it. We just hung out and enjoyed one anothers company. I knew I could confide in him, laugh with him, and just be me with him.  Our relationship was primarily over the phone because we were always miles apart. I saw him on occasional weekends, but we never lived in the same town.

This week I realized how much my Preacher Man husband rocks because of the sweet way  he persued me.

He got to know me.
He searched my heart.
He discovered my interests.
He took his time.
He waited on God's time.
He was so patient.
He kept me accountable in my walk with the Lord.
He shared his hopes and dreams.
And, he let me share mine.

The Preacher Man is my best friend and my Prince Charming.

4 comments:

  1. So sweet. I would like to hear more of this story and how it turned to love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a romantic way to begin a marriage. I am sure that foundation will be so important during your lives together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know how you met your husband so thanks for sharing. I am with Verla, i would love to hear the reast of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story! I wasn't really sure how you guys had met. I'm so glad you did, though!

    ReplyDelete