Monday, February 8, 2010

Party like it's Nineteen-fifty!

We celebrated Miss Ruthie Jane's 2nd birthday 50's style! I decided to repurpose RJ's Halloween costume and use it as her birthday party outfit too! Everything turned out really cute and we had sooo much fun!

I won't share all five million pictures I snapped...
But I will share enough that you get the 1950's feel...
So, here we go!

This was right about the cake table.

The Fabulous Fifties table decorations:


Old Fashioned Coca-Cola Floats and Banana Splits were served here.


The party room as a whole.


The goodie bags for all the sweet kiddos. It was filled with candy necklaces, bracelets, rings, lipsticks, and other goodies that even boys would enjoy!


Sweet Birthday girl in the midst of the goods.


Her birthday cake! I loved the way it turned out!


Everyone partying!


A super-duper surprise! Ruthie Jane's cousin came with my parents to celebrate. We had no idea she was coming! It was very exciting for Ruthie! And, her buddy Shelby is also pictured here!


Our family.


Present Time!
I looked as excited as she was!
This card played the "Do the Mashed Potato" song!

She squealed with delight over all of her presents!


It was SOOOO fun to watch her open them!


A beautiful gold bracelet for a beautiful girl!


Presents, presents, and more presents!


And, the girls on Ruthie Jane's actual birthday
getting ready to head to church!


It was such a fantastic way to celebrate our little one's birthday. There was 50's music playing, girlies in poodle skirts and boys in blue jeans, white shirts, and combs in their back pocket. It was quite an event!

My only disappointment: In the hussle and bussle of things...I FORGOT to get a group shot of all the kiddos! There were 11 sweeties that came to the party with almost 20 adults. I SO wanted a picture of the kids together! I guess there is always next year!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/2/10

    oh that is the cutest theme amber. I loved throwing Livy's 1 year party. I promised Derick I would be more low key for her 2nd b-day. It's soo much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat party!! You did an AWESOME job with the decor..and of course RJ looked ridiculously CUTE in her outfit! I had to laugh when I saw the Hi-5 video! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to RJ! Great party theme!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute party! I love the 50's and the poodle skirs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable party! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have sure enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete