Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Battling the Baby Buldge

Ruthie Jane is two years old.
I am still twenty pounds overweight.
This, my friends it what I call The Battle of the Baby Buldge.

My new daily routine is a result of this ongoing struggle with weight. I can't tell you how tired I am of opening my closet FULL of fabulous Preacher's Wife attire and nothing fits. After Ruthie Jane was born I vowed to not get comfortable at my new size. I refused to shop for clothes, except for a few essentials to get by, and I even neglected getting my wedding ring resized to fit my healthier (heftier) ring finger. I've tried numerous things to take off the weight, but nothing worked because I couldn't stick to it. I'm a chocolate eating mess, who doesn't like to exercise.

So, here I am on my fourth day of the Rise & Shine Challenge to defeat the Battle of the Baby Buldge (I'm in to naming things right now...). In effort to allot more time to my routine I adjusted my schedule by 15 minutes.

Six-thirty is my new wake up time.
One mile is my starting point on the treadmill.
I know that's kind of lame, but I am WAY out of shape.
So far so good.

7 comments:

  1. When I had Bubba, several months after...I thought - I'M GOING TO GET THIS WEIGHT OFF ME!! Then, I got pregnant again.
    I'm in better shape now than previously, so maybe...try that :-) Haha...I'll let you know in about a month or two how the weight came off, cause right now, I think all I'm packing is the baby and not lots of extra pregnancy weight.

    Good luck regardless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your post about getting up earlier I have decided to get up 30 minutes earlier than normal and get on the elliptical. Good luck with your new routine and getting fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is the post-wedding weight blues but we are singing the same tune! Good luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got this Amber!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! Starting is the hardest. After this baby comes out, I'm both excited and petrified of starting to run again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous15/4/10

    Oh Amber, I was in the same boat. I finally just did Weight Watchers and started working out with my sister in law starting this past January. It really worked. I have slowed down for now, but I'm pretty happy with where I'm at. Sure, I would like to lose more but I'm at a stand still. You can do it!! If I can, YOU CAN!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dassah16/4/10

    By your little chart I am officially overweight also...:(
    I plan to start the Couch to 5K plan on facebook when I get better!! ITS FREE!!! Maybe you can try that. I started it in the past but wasn't able to finish due to my back problems, but it starts you off really slow and then picks up the pace as you go. I LOVE IT!! You'll be running a 5k before you know it...without even knowing it!

    ReplyDelete