I've always been a late-night, sleep-in morning type of gal. As I mentioned before this has now changed, or maybe I should say is in thr process of being changed. Here is a glimpse of my old sleeping habits....
8am: Rise and Shine
10:30 pm:I put Ruthie Jane to bed and the Preacher Man follows shortly after
11:00 pm-1pm: My time for personal bible study, blogging, paying bills, and whatever else that needs to be done.
I loved this routine. The only thing not so grand about it was there was NO time for personal fitness. So, as I mentioned before, something had to give and I guess the only thing to choose from was my sleep. So now here is what things look like....
6:45am: Rise and Shine, morning run, and morning bible study/prayer time
10pm: Bedtime for the whole family
The Preacher Man loves this. He would actually prefer that we get tucked away in bed about 9:30pm. I have a hard time going to sleep by 10pm, so I don't see that happening. My biggest obstacle is going to bed at night. Although the lights are turned out at ten o'clock my brain isn't. I don't know how long I lay there at night. I try not to look at the clock. I'm just hoping my body can adjust.
Time for blogging, paying bills, and other things are during Ruthie Janes naptime or on the weekends. This week will be my first FULL week of my new routine. Let's see how it goes!
I'll keep you updated.
Good luck on your quest. I know that you are a night owl. :)
ReplyDeleteHey Amber! I have a really hard time turning my brain off at night. One suggestion (which everyone makes fun of until they get one and then they love it) is to get a sound machine (it plays sounds like rain and the ocean). I've found that if I can focus my brain on something else, I can go to sleep. Another suggestion is to pray right before you to go sleep(Another way for your brain to focus on other things and to bring the people you love before the Lord!)
ReplyDeleteLove ya girlie! Hang in there!
Good for you at your new routine!!! I'm an early to bed person, and I fall asleep fast, so I guess i know how your husby feels. However, I think your body will adjust pretty quickly. Since you are cutting down on your sleep time (or so it seems) and adding in a bit more physical activity without the "down time" of personal activities, you'll probably be more exhausted than you think. Hopefully your new routine will become comfortable soon!!!
ReplyDeletegetting up earlier should help with falling a sleep easier. The problem is my brain also. I make list all the time. It help me to sleep at night so I don't worry about what I need to do tomorrow.
ReplyDelete