6 Birthdays (mostly kiddos)
1 Wedding Shower
1 Bridal/Personal Shower
1 Baby Shower
1 Housewarming Party
6 Graduates
I know, this is a rare month and my pocket book is glad that it doesn't happen like this every thirty days! One of things that has helped this month is a few things I have done throughout the year. I thought I would share them with you.
1. Bargains. Whenever I find a good bargain or a clearnaced item I buy a few extras and keep them in a tote so that if an unexpected gift comes up, I'm prepared. I usually keep my eye open for yummy smelling candles on sale (Bath & Body Works has great candle sales), cutesie baby clothes, or even houseware items. This saved me from buying one birthday, the baby shower, and part of the housewarming gift.
2. Bulk. I buy greeting cards in bulk. I know my family loves homemade cards, but I haven't the courage to give one to someone outside family! So, I buy all occasion cards from the Dayspring Outlet store. They have scripture on each card, which I love! I can get ten cards for a couple of bucks instead of paying over a couple of bucks for each card. It is so nice to always have cards on hand too!
3. Recycle, Reduce, Reuse. Hi, I am the Preacher's Wife and I recycle gift bags. Is anyone out there with me? Or do I stand alone? I always make sure they are in excellent condition, but I do reuse them. I have a drawer full of gift bags. It's great to know I can just go in and pick one out. It always gets restocked for free when Christmas or Birthday season comes around!
I don't like to give gifts just to give them. I want it to be nice, something I myself would want. But, as you can see with this many things to purchase gifts for in 30 days becomes a tad bit expensive.
So, now it's your turn.
What little things to you do to save money, yet give nice gifts?


We are a family of gift bag recylclers! It is a running family joke now. The best was the year dad got his Father's Day gift in a bright pink Barbie bag. I am sure my mother was being cheeky!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya! It's always something, isn't it?! I don't know that there's a month that goes by where we don't have an event to buy a gift for. Sheesh. I try and hand craft as many gifts as I can...sometimes it saves money ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm a clearance gal too! I buy and put it away for when you I need a gift! Ya, I keep the bags too!
ReplyDelete