Summer months are crazy around this parsonage. It seems like each and every week suitcases are rollin', laundry is flyin', and off we go! Camps, mission trips, vacation, go-go-go. We get off our routines, there are no schedules, and each week it seems we fly by the seat of our pants. Dates mean nothing in the summer, but the calendar means everything. I hear so many numbers going in and out of my head that it all runs together. But, my calendar tells all, week by week, box by box.
I am proud to announce that the go-ing is almost over. Actually it is over for a whole month and I am so glad. We have one last adventure, our family vacation. But for now we are back on track. You see, I am a person of lists. I feel empowered as I mark through my accomplishments. I feel in control as I look at our dry erase board of obligations throughout the week. I feel in the "know". As a Preacher's Wife I am often out of the "know", so bein in is a good thing.
Here are my currents To-Do's:
And, our weekly schedule. Believe me, if we didn't have this I would never know what was going on in life. It's so handy to look at this board and see what's scheduled.
What about you?
Are you a list-maker?
Scheduler?Are you a list-maker?
Or just go with the flow-jo?
Lists.
I couldn't live without them!

I love me some lists. I love checking things off. I lived by my day planner at OBU. (-:
ReplyDelete~Kathryn
I just wrote out a color-coded, typed up (10 point font), organized by suitcase/bag, two page list for our vacation in two weeks. Over the next week or so I will begin to gather things and make necessary changes/additions to my list. On my refrigerator I have a dry erase calendar to keep up with all of our commitments. The truth is I love lists and organization. It makes me happy.
ReplyDeleteI am with ya - I love lists! However, I usually make a list and then lose it. haha!
ReplyDeleteBefore I married I was a list-lover. After I got married it dwindled down. Once I had a child I thought I should probably pick up listing again, but I couldn't find any materials to do so. (brain cell loss...it stinks!!!) Now that I have an almost 2 year old I figure it's time to start "listing" again, and I did! This week! It's felt SO good to be able to cross items off my to-do list this week. I'm sold! I'll never stop listing..ever again!!!
ReplyDelete