I've been eating fantastically delicious Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bars since high school. My BFF's Momma has been making them for quite some time. They are to die for!
I recently made a successful attempt at making them myself. They were just as amazing as I had remembered! But this last week I needed a dessert for some friends, who I didn't think liked toffee. So, I reinvented the CPTB's! I omitted the toffee and replaced it with caramel! The Preacher Man renamed them Ooey Gooey Bars and asked me to NEVER put toffee in them again, the caramel was out of this world!
Here's a small glimpse of the process. I didn't start taking pictures early enough, or you could have had the full understanding of the process. You can click the link above for the full recipe.
The only type of caramel I had handy was the Hersheys syrup that I had in the fridge. Next time I will try the caramel cubes or whatever in the candy aisle. The syrup made them a little too ooey gooey.
Here they are with the crumb topping before they were ovenized.
After the baking completion.
Plated and ready to be scarfed down.
An up close and personal look of the Ooey Gooey goodness.
Warning: Never make these when home alone. Otherwise your pants may not button the next day.

OH MY GOODNESS!! Those look amazing!! My hubs would love these!! I'm gonna try them soon!!
ReplyDeleteOh my word...not a good time for me to see these pictures!!! I can't have sugar right now. But later on I MUST try this glorious dessert!
ReplyDeleteLooks deeeeeelish! Way to improvise!
ReplyDeleteWOW! This is exactly what I've been craving! Yum!!! If we were neighbors, we could share the pan...then our pants wouldn't be quite to tight the next day! :)
ReplyDeleteAmber...recipe please!!!
ReplyDelete