Monday, July 12, 2010

The Preacher's Kid

Only the Preacher's Kid ...

  • Could get away with telling an 80 year old man to close his eyes while her daddy is praying.
    Yep, she did it.
    I always keep one eye on my two-year old during prayer otherwise she crawls under pews, runs down the aisle, etc. This particular occasion I caught her pointing at the older man behind her, who was watching her. She was pointing straight at him and whispering, " You better close your eyes while my daddy is praying!" 
  • Would be given 5 pieces of Double Bubble chewing gum, all in the same day, by the same man.
    She basically sucks all the sugar off and throws it away. She knows she can keep coming back for more.
  • Can take home toys from the church nursery with permission.A nursery worker once told her she could take her beloved nusery toy home with her for the night. The lady then looked up at me and said, "She can borrow ANY of these toys!" I laughed. I suppose since we live only a few steps from the church she figured it would be easy to return. The problem is I have to sneak it out of the house to avoid a major battle! 
  • Thinks she is in a parade every time she steps out the front door.She seriously acts like Miss America. She sees her daddy waving at every car that drives by, so it is bred in her to do it too. It's hilarious.
  • Practices getting on stage and welcoming the congregation.
    She is becoming a pro at saying, "Welcome to --------- Baptist Church!" Really, it's too cute!


    She's rotten! And, the congregation loves every minute of it!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww! I love it! What a character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father-in-law is the pastor at our church, and my son has a lot of the same habits. Last week he told a baby she needed to be quiet while his Papa-doo was praying. Nevermind, that his eyes were open and he was talking. He has also "borrowed" toys from the nursery, which I've had to sneak back to the church to avoid a fight. I can relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! I'd love to encourage you that these moments only last when they're little...but actually they only get better! (and maybe more red-cheeked!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a former PK myself, I can attest to having many moments like this in my childhood! Sounds like she is quite the character!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is delightful too :)

    ReplyDelete