Friday, August 20, 2010

Our Food Finds

We had lots of good food while we were away. We enjoyed trying new resturants and always tried to find local cuisine. We knew if we saw a lot of CO license plates in the parking lot, it must be good food! So, here is our journey through the food!

The most out of the ordinary place we tried was Edelweiss. It was German food, if you haven't already guessed. The Preacher Man likes weird stuff, so we tried this for his 30th BIRTHDAY!

The salad was bizarre.
It was like cold taters, green  beans, lettuce, and a weird dressing.
Pretty sure if I am ever in Germany I will pass on this course.


My Plate:
Weinerschnitzel.
Yep, I braved the name and ordered it.
It was actually tasty!
Hand breaded Pork, with homemade german noodles, and veggies!


Preacher Man's Edelweiss Plate.
I can't remember everything that was on this. It was like a combination plate.


The PM approves!


I found a splendid bakery to get his birthday cake at called Marigold. It was an upscale yummylicious place. Perfect for a 30th Birthday celebration!
Preacher Man's one of two birthday cakes:

His favorite Carrot Cake.

This beauty won some kind of award for best chocolate cake this year.
It was mighty tasty!


Another day we ventured out to Manitou Springs and enjoyed some yummy homemade ice cream.
Yeah, it was worth finding this place!


Ruthie Jane enjoying her ice cream cone.
I think she spotted a puppy dog, that's why her mouth is wide open!


Next, the Historic Stagecoach Inn.


This was a pretty fun little place.


Biscuits with homemade preserves.


The Preacher Man tried the Buffalo steak.
If you know him, it sounds like something he would pick off the menu.
It was ok.
Kinda chewy.


The next discusting picture was actually in Clayton, NM.
I thought I would throw it in just becuase I refuse to ever go back to that town.
Remember the crummy Days Inn.
Well, we went to eat at a Dairy Queen on the other side of the road.
Yeah, this is a BUG in the hot dog carton.
Discusting.

Ok, back to Colorado.
We tried a 50's Diner one night.


It just happened to be a Wednesday!
So we got a five cent burger with the purchase of one full price.
They were AWESOME!
It was so fun. The waitresses were dressed like we stepped into the 50's.
Love it!

Another local fave.

They gave these cool wax strings to keep the lil'one busy.
This was daddy's creation:


Ha! I look overly excited in this picture.
But we had a fantastic time!



Hungry yet?
Go to Colorado.

3 comments:

  1. We love to try local restaurants when we're traveling~they're always the best! And we love, love, love German food. This post is making me remember many fun family trips to CO, I think we're due for another one. I love CO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Ruthie with the ice cream cone. That one would make a great poster! Some of the food was definitely interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I'm hungry. And it's 12:42 AM. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete