
This is our dog. She is an Austrailian Shepherd/Border Collie mix. She is the most lovable girl in all the world. She's very protective of our family and I believe she has a very good judge of character. I love having her around because I know she is always on top of things outside our front door.
The last month or so we have noticed that our dog food is disappearing a bit faster than usual. At first, I thought maybe Hollywood was extremely hungry. But, it began to be strange when we were filling up her feeder by the week instead of the month. We purchased an enclosed dog feeder to detour the birds, fire ants, mice, etc. from creeping in on her dog food and upsetting her in the middle of the night. This has served a great purpose for us, for multiple reasons. However, you can imagine the big question mark in my head when suddenly her dog food was running out faster that it should.
Much to our surprise when we woke up one morning, looked out our large living room window, this is what we saw:
Obviously, not Hollywood...
After the thief heard us rustling around in the house, he tried to flee the scene.
Without a problem he cleared our fence in the back yard. I think he had done this a time or two.
I know in order to climb a fence a dog has got to be hungry. But, sheesh. We really can't feed all the neighborhood dogs! When we first moved to our current location we had two and three dogs getting on our porch and jumping over the fence to be fed. However, we fixed the porch problem and the Preacher Man chased them out of the yard a few times like a mad man, with a golf club in hand, they hadn't been back. But, this sly guy came out of nowhere and learned the art of climbing. He brought his appetite and came right on over!
What do you do when the neighbors dog acts in this cunning manner?
Suggestions, please!

A taller fence? I would say a spikey fence but that would be cruel. Can you attach lattice or panels or something to the top?
ReplyDeleteThose pics cracked me up! I can just see that dog hustling it over the fence. I'm thinking...an electric wire around the top of the fence?? Our neighbors' dog kept getting out (of 7' privacy fences, none the less~she had learned how to find something to boost her up) and the only thing that finally kept her in was an electric wire. I don't think they even have to keep it on anymore, she got the point:)
ReplyDeleteDo you know who's he is? If so I would talk to the neighbors. If he's being neglected then he needs to be taken to a shelter. Or it may be that he just likes to eat.
ReplyDelete