Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cupcake Brain


This cupcake brain is taking a rest.
I've been thinking cupcakes for about a  month now.
The party isn't over, just postponed.
And, so is my brain.
Vanilla squared cupcake
Since we are partaking in Snowmageddon 2011, no one can get out and come to the birthday party. Therefore we have postponed it to another weekend. It's really ok, Stinker Britches doesn't have a clue whether it's this week or next. She has no concept of time.


I was beginning to get a big frazzeled knowing that I had a party coming up and couldn't get out to do my last minute party preprations all week. I then came to the realization that there was no way the party could take place.

I sighed, in relief.

So, now that I am in postponing mode...
I want to know.
What is your favorite flavor of cupcake?
Do you have any fun speciality ideas?
Any tips or techniques for decorating that you want to share?
I've been watching Cupcake Wars non-stop for inspiration.
Now, it's your turn.
Inspire me.

4 comments:

  1. I always just do vanilla for my boys' birthdays. It's so easy to get vanilla cupcakes with tons of flavor, whereas I have found that some chocolate recipes just don't cut it.
    Then I have fun with it- dyeing the cupcakes themselves, or the icing, having a few different types of icing, etc.

    If the cupcake is for me, though...well, I might have to try one of every flavor to be able to tell you my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite cookie blogger also posts cupcakes sometimes... Here is her cupcake index: http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/search/label/cupcakes

    enjoy! :) Happy birthday, Ruthie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good attitude toward the snow delay!
    I haven't made any cupcakes to rave about, but we have a little shop in our town that makes the most delicious cupcakes--my favorite is strawberry daiquiri. Check out her website...so cute: http://acarefreecupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been obsessed with cupcakes for the last ummm several months!!! Are we friends on fbook because you need to see them!!

    My favorite that i made was at Christmas. It was a chocolate cupcake with a mint patty (think girlscout cookie thin mints just soft) baked inside. Topped with a buttercream frosting and then little soft peppermint andes on top!!

    Also Lemon Cupcake with Cream cheese frosting and strawberry on top! Yummy.

    I sold them this past summer at the farmers market!!

    Tips search for fun cupcake blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete