Sunday, February 21, 2010

Made from Scratch: Croissants

Last week in my continuous efforts to get out of my cooking rut I embarked on a whole new world of homemade bread. Croissants.

By far these little boogers are the most time consuming and difficult bread I have made thus far. Although, with that being said they were soooo worth it. My first dilemia was the which recipe to use. There are so many out there! I originally wanted to use Shandy's at Pastry Heaven, because hers are beautiful. But, I couldn't wait three days. However, when I make croissants again, I will give hers a try! So, I found another recipe from Food Network. But it called for fresh yeast instead of dry. I am an ametuer baker who follows the rules exactly. I don't know if you can substitue dry for fresh so I found another recipe that met everything I had in the cupboard. Here are a few pics I took along the way:

One of the billion folds throughout the flaking process.
Soooo close to being done.
Beautiful!

I served these beauties with my new "Out of this world" Chicken Salad recipe. It seriously takes my breath away it is so good!


Along with the Strawberry Spinach Salad that I've  shared with you before.


The Preacher Man throughly enjoyed this lunch. It was pretty scrumptious. So, I enjoyed it too!
The recipe made oodles of croissants so I froze over a dozen of them. I am anxious to see how they taste reheated.
Another meal revived from the rut!

5 comments:

  1. Post the chicken salad recipe! Please. Oh, and the rolls look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like such a summery recipe! Isn't it still snowing over there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Those look professional! Great job. And yes, PLEASE share the chicken salad recipe! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Need the recipe! Post it. Or else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amber,
    Found your blog through Girlfriends with a Purpose blogroll!
    I've recently gottne into a baking bread from scratch phase and I'm loving it! So is my family!
    I'm definitely going to try the croissants. I'm a novice with the whole yeast thing too but I'm getting braver.
    Have you tried The Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls? I've made the dough but used it to make dinner rolls. I'm dying to make the cinnamon rolls.
    Anyway, nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete